Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project 1/ Week 2

This drum loop is influenced heavily by punk drumming that I am a huge fan of so I raised the tempo to 180 bpm. The intro is a little two measure fill that reminded me of something Travis Barker (favorite drummer!) would do. It goes into a variation of a typical rock beat that ends with a fill between toms and snare that is just sixteenth notes and eighth notes. The second beat is similar but uses a floor tom instead of a hi hat then has a fill that is para-diddles between three different toms. The song goes into two more beats influenced by Fall Out Boy with no real fills in between, only variations of the pattern. It then ends with a crash to snare section with the snare going from one hit to two in the second time then ends with a crash. I also put a roll at the end on toms to show the end because I hear that in songs a lot and I really like it. All the sounds I used were in the Real Drumkit in the Legacy pack.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work Bryan. You haven't "missed a beat" since the last time you took this class!

    ReplyDelete